Wednesday, August 21, 2013

NSA – Bring it on!

I’m a civil libertarian; always have been. ACLU, etc. I’m nostalgic about the old days, before the Wars on Terror and Drugs, when we had a fourth amendment to protect our privacy.

But I hope the NSA is monitoring my phone calls.

I hope they notice that 45% of my incoming traffic is “courtesy calls” from local hustlers trying to give me a free estimate. I want the NSA to note that I hang up on these people without speaking. I’m rude, even though at least it’s real people on the other end. Make a note of it. I love it when they wait a minute before they even talk; I often hear office noise and side conversations in the background.

Another 45% is computer messages, often starting: “Did you know the FBI…” I never get beyond that.

I’ve signed up for the “Do Not Call” list, but the calls keep coming. NSA guys…can’t you do something about that?

Remember that great (and prescient) line from Invasion of the Body Snatchers: “If they get the phone company, we’re done for!”


They did. We are. NSA: Help!

1 comment: